Questions to Ask Your Anti Gun Friends.
Dear Anti-Gun People,
I am opening a discussion with you to better comprehend your position on banning guns and by reviewing your responses to a few questions, we may find some common ground. After you have read my questions and hopefully answered some, I will undertake to answer any questions you may have regarding my strong belief in the right of law abiding citizens to own firearms.
Do you believe
1)……..that mankind in their natural state* exists in Freedom or Slavery?
2)……..the government is always honest with the people?
3)..……that the mainstream media are always honest in reporting the facts to the people?
(For example * Gary Kleck and Marc Gertz, USA professors state that 2.5 million times per year citizens use their firearms to defend themselves. The overwhelming majority merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8% of the time, a citizen will kill or wound his/her attacker.)
4) …….that, (as per our Constitution) “We the People of NSW…Qld..Vic..” are the sovereign power that appoints our governments, or are our governments rightfully set over us as ‘Our Masters’?
5) ……..that all people should be equal before the law of our land, and that the powers of the government are delegated from the populace “We the people”, so government cannot have more powers than those who appoint them? Alternatively, you might believe that are the Governments a rightfully a power unto themselves and can lawfully employ police to carry all types of arms so they can disarm the law abiding people at gun point?
6) ……..that in man-kinds natural state a human can defend their families lives against wild animals, or wild people who seek to eat or destroy them, with tools suitable for that defence?
7) …….. that government has the moral and constitutional power to force law abiding people to be defenceless, when it acknowledges that police cannot/won’t defend them, (phone 000 and die waiting). While the State and Federal politicians spend millions of tax payers dollars for their own personal defence?
8) ……………that prohibitions on alcohol, drugs, are not successful, and that criminals can always gain access to almost any weapon for the specific purpose of using weapons against defenceless people?
9) ……..that it is better for a person to be raped and murdered, rather than allowing them to defend themselves with a firearm?
10) ……that people have a right to oppose criminals stealing from their homes or livelihoods, as without food and shelter their own lives would be in extreme peril, in the same way that free people have a right to defend their produce from preying animals?
11) ……..that the State cannot have more power than the people who appointed it so that when it sends armed men to take a firearm from a law-abiding individual, who has committed no crime, the government is committing property theft.
12) ………. that there are thousands of instances where people have been wounded or killed after having dialled 000. If a criminal is already inside your house, garage, or car, is dialling 000 really the most effective way of saving you, or your families lives?
13) …. …..the theory that gun control decreases crime, if this is valid why is Britain experiencing an epidemic of gun-related violence? (See http://www.newsunlimited.co.uk/gun)
14) Gun control laws did not prevent the recent tragedy of two massacres in Paris, France. If you were huddled on the pavement outside a restaurant waiting for a Terrorist with a machine gun to come on over and put a few bullets in your back would you prefer to be saved immediately by a law abiding citizen carrying a concealed firearm, or would you prefer to wait 25 minutes for the police to arrive and cart away your body in a plastic bag?
I do appreciate your thoughts on these matters and look forward to your reply. I am committed to answering every question you send me by giving each one careful attention and a thorough, intelligent reply as soon as possible. If you pose a question I cannot intelligently address, I will research and reply with my answer.
* Natural State. means before governments intervention.
* Gary Kleck and Marc Gertz, “Armed Resistance to Crime: The Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense With a Gun,” The Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Northwestern University School of Law, 1:164. Dr. Kleck is a professor in the school of criminology and criminal justice at Florida State University in Tallahassee. He has researched extensively and published several essays on the gun control issue. His book, Point Blank: Guns and Violence in America, has become a widely cited source in the gun control debate. In fact, this book earned Dr. Kleck the prestigious American Society of Criminology Michael J. Hindelang award for 1993.